It’s a Great Time To Release Pain and Enjoy Being Healthy!

nature red forest leaves
Release Pain and Enjoy Health!

This Labor Day weekend and the first weeks of September are a favorite time of the year for me.

We go from the exuberance of summer, with its vacations, time at the swimming pool and outdoor activities to a slower pace. Autumn settles us back a bit and we return to our normal routines at school, work and home. We’ll still be busy with school sports and activities. We’ll even have to start wearing sweaters and raking leaves. But our lives will return to a more measured rhythm.

As we return to these regular rhythms and routines it’s always good to take an assessment of our health. I’ve heard it said: “If we have our health we have thousand dreams. If we don’t have health we have only one thing on our minds.”

Discomfort and pains can dampen our dreams and desires. We allow minor aches to persisting continue. Another ache comes along and then another. Soon we are putting up with daily misery. If this is your situation now is a perfect time to get back on track.

As your chiropractor, I hope you know you can always call to schedule a “check-up” visit.

If you are not in pain but would like to come in for a “tune-up” we can also accommodate you.

We always stand ready to help you in your quest for good health.

Please see reviews of Dr James Schofield. Visit our website.


Get Started!

Zig Ziglar
Get Started!

“You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” Zig Ziglar

For more website information about James Schofield, Chiropractor, visit here. Learn more about James Schofield DC.

Be of Good Cheer! Don’t Worry.

Never Worry!

If you ask what is the single most important key to longevity, I would have to say it is avoiding worry, stress and tension. And if you didn’t ask me, I’d still have to say it.     George Burns

To see Dr James Schofield’s website click the link. Visit James Schofield DC’s website.

Injuries From Accidents Require Chiropractic Care

Injuries From Accidents Require Chiropractic Care

In our office there are many occasions when a new patient or a returning patient has symptoms of irritability, headaches, nausea, drowsiness and lethargy. Often the patient tells me that the complaints just developed over time. But, in further questioning, the majority have suffered a physically traumatic event like an auto accident, fall, blow to the head or sports injury.

For instance:

  • female high school soccer athletes suffer almost 40% more concussions than males (29,000 annually)
  • in 2012, 12% of all ER visits involved concussion, the equivalent of one every three minutes
  • the highest number of concussions per 10,000 athletes: football, wrestling, and cheerleading

With concussions, 85% will be better in 7 to 10 days. If symptoms persist, as in the case of the remaining 15%, it is called Post-Concussion Syndrome (PCS).

Interestingly, studies reveal damage to the neck also occurs during a head injury, playing a major role in PCS. It is practically impossible to have a concussion without also injuring the neck.

Researchers now are combining the two and calling it Cervicogenic PCS. “Cervicogenic” means “from the neck.” If the neck injury is not treated the person’s symptoms will continue even though the brain injury has healed. I’ve seen this often in my practice.

If you have had a physically traumatic event, I would strongly recommend that you come in to be checked to see if there has been any damage to your spine.  If there is injury, we can address it with treatment so it doesn’t worsen. The care given by a chiropractor is the most effective form of helping the spine to repair and become healthy. Current research notes medications, physical therapy and other medical care are no substitute for chiropractic care. If chiropractic treatment is neglected, it could make the difference between health or disability, comfort or pain.

If you, a friend, or a loved one is involved in an accident, please call our office. We are always ready to help you in your quest for good health.

Learn more about chiropractic 15237.  Dr. James Schofield, your Doctor of Chiropractic Pittsburgh North Hills, invites you to visit his website.